Saturday 27 February 2016

This pup's gotta fly!

One of my daughters favourite cartoons at the moment is Paw Patrol, which features a boy called Ryder and his team of rescue dogs. One of the pups is called Skye, a pretty little Cockapoo who flies a helicopter.

When I asked my daughter what to make for her friends birthday, her answer was Skye! Luckily the birthday girl loves Paw Patrol as well.

I searched around to find a free Skye crochet pattern, but there didn't seem to be any. I found a Skye made by crochetingwithjoy which had been adapted from a free pattern, so I decided to try and do the same thing.

The original pattern is by anonymous crochet who had made a great basic dalmatian and german shepherd pattern for Marshall and Chase, two of the other rescue pups.

I had to alter the face, body and add her uniform to make it look more like Skye, but I was so grateful someone else had worked out the basic pattern so I didn't have to start from scratch!

Here is the finished pup:





I decided to make Skye's flying cap with googles attached which I was quite pleased with considering I was making it up as I went along! The cap is removable, so it can be taken off when Skye has finished her latest mission.



Hopefully the birthday girl will recognise who it's supposed to be, but my daughter loves it, so I might be making another one very soon. It's her birthday next month, maybe I'll make the whole team!

No comments:

Post a Comment