Sunday 4 August 2013

A busy weekend of Paper Piecing!

I feel rather ashamed this weekend. I was trying my hardest to get my July block finished for Quiet Plays And Sew On project, but I didn't finish in time. Not that it really matters, but I set myself a challenge to do them all on time, so it's annoying! I blame my daughter for not having long enough naps.... the hot weather...... I could give a lot of excuses, but ultimately I failed!

Anyway, here it is:



I'm rather pleased with it, although there were quite a lot of small pieces in the rotary cutter, it came together quite nicely and it almost lines up!. 

It took me ages to decide what fabric to use in my quilt square, but I found this cute elephant and the perfect orange fabric to surround it. Of course I got to the last side of orange and discovered I didn't have enough fabric so had to join 2 bits. What is crafting without mistakes though? Who wants something homemade to look too perfect?! That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

I also found the time to complete 2 other paper pieced blocks for Kristy at Quiet Play. She asked for testers for her new little houses patterns and I was quick to put up my hand! 



These blocks came together very easily and I didn't have any problems with them. I did decide to add curtains and blinds, just to use a different pattern fabric and make them more homely. Now to find some buttons for door knobs. I can see myself making the other houses when they become available as my daughter loves pointing out different houses at the moment and her wall needs some more cool 'Mummy art'!

Just to let you know that I have already printed out the And Sew On August pattern already, now I just need to chose some fabrics! 

I WAS in time to link up to Kristys Paper Piecing Party this weekend. Have a fun week!





2 comments:

  1. Oh your And Sew On block looks fab! You've done a great job on it and hey still done early into August, don't be too hard on yourself ;)

    Love how the houses turned out! The curtains and blinds are a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your blocks look awesome! The houses are so cute!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete